Feb 17, 2009

Feb 17th - A Successful Hypnotherapy Session

I posted this on the IATH forums a while ago but I thought you guys would be interested in this

A friend of mine had been plagued by a crush that she was effectively a slave to (Her emotions, not the person). She also felt inadequate for any role of leadership, Hated how she looked and even self abused herself through depression.

I offered to help her through hypnosis as she was at the camp where I had my first bout of successes and believes in the power of it after witnessing first-hand and experiencing her hand getting stuck to her knee. She agreed to this as she wanted to be rid of these emotions. She had the willpower, she had the determination, she just didn't have the strength to do it alone, so I offered to help.

I took her aside after-school and sat her down and put her into a trance in about 2 minutes (pretalk inclusive). After several deepeners, I then told her to remember when I stuck her hand to her knee and re-imagine that except her hand was stuck to a large concrete ball that was made up of her crush for this guy, Her inadequacy and how she felt about herself and it was the only thing keeping her from reaching true happiness that was just out of her grasp as these problems were weighing her down. 

I then told her to put every single millimeter of her problems into her hand, dragged down by the ball onto her knee. Her arm was completely rock solid with tension and I told her that I was going to wake her up and she would be released from this weight when I snapped my fingers and she would feel relief, happiness and as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders enabling her to live life happily but she had to be released from the ball.

So I woke her up and she whimpered at how her hand was stuck and I told her again that her hand was stuck to her problems and happiness was just aboe her and she needed to let go to reach the happiness. I said "LET GO" as I snapped my fingers and she just fell back into her chair, exhausted but relieved and much much happier.

And who should walk by almost immediately after but her crush. She had no reaction to him at all. She said she normally felt nervous or had a cold sweat or dreaded whenever she saw him but she felt absolutely fine. I found out ater that she happily ate a full meal for the first time in a long time without any guilt or feeling physiologically sick.

2 comments: