Feb 6, 2009

Feb 6th - My main man JB

The next blog asked me to read this card, so here goes: "In the ancient mists of time and space, there was a man who did make sweet sweet music with the goddess of reason who bestowed upon him the powers of pure awesome." He is here, Give it up for JACK BLACK!
After the lukewarm reception of The Wind in the Willows last year and with the emmigration of our resident director, the new drama teacher has proposed an epic show for this year's production. The School of Rock. 

I'm excited, you can tell because I'm using bold lettering and italics every now and again for emphasis. I am one of the hugest fans of Tenacious D, I can sing every song of theirs, almost perfectly - even more perfect when tipsy. Tenacious D and The Pick of Destiny is my ultimate guilty pleasure movie. It was created with the fans in mind. They didn't give a shit about people who didn't catch the memo of what they were missing out on in life and that's why it bombed but is amazingly good.

I wasn't excited when the news first came out about the show because my school is host to a phenomena you may or may not be familiar with. It's called 'The Guy syndrome'. What this entails is that the school has one The Guy. The Guy gets everything he wants and some things he doesn't want. He is The Guy that the young ones look up to and the elders despise as he has everything they ever wanted and he is everything they ever wanted to be because he is The Guy.  No-one fucks with The Guy.

So when I tell you that I had a momentary glimpse of something awesome, it was shadowed by the presence of The Guy. I knew I had no chance of fulfilling my dream, of pretending to be The Ultimate Guy -  Jack Black because The school's The Guy would get the part, hands down, no questions asked. I was crushed. I was angry. Worst of all, I was vengeful.

I knew I had to kill The Guy.

9 comments:

  1. Shouldn't it be "the man" not "the guy"?
    Ah I see. You killed him is why he doesn't want to be the lead anymore:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet "The Guy" is Rob McStay... that guy grinds my gears. Nah jokes I love him. I also love JB, he's the man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You love Tenacious D too? :D
    Yes... we must take care of this Mr. "The Guy" person... Oh yes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, 'The Man' is a completely different phenomena, gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha nah it's the same thing. Might as well steal the name along with idea, unless you'd just forgotten that it was actually "The Man" in the movie as opposed to "The guy" :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. No it isn't, The Man is a figure of authority, whereas The Guy is The Man's puppet.

    I do know what I'm talking bout with these phenomenas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fair point, but I found this:
    "...don't waste your time trying to make anything cool or pure or awesome 'cause the man's just gonna call you a fat washed up loser and crush your soul. So do yourself a favour and just give up!"
    And that sort of seems to be how "the guy" is making you feel, only difference being you've killed "the guy" and in the movie "the man" makes people give up rather than seek revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol I just read the bit about the guy being the mans puppet. ok so they work together and i just sent a really long comment for no reason. Pardon moi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i reckon you will give Dewey a good crack.

    Keep your head up soldier.

    ReplyDelete