Jan 10, 2009

Jan 10th - Good entertainment


Today I had the pleasure of joining Mr. Lewis Bostock (www.youtube.com/lewisbostock) on a lovely romp to the cinema. We went to see Frank Miller's and Will Eisner's 'The Spirit'.

To say the movies is good is a lie. To say it is bad is also a lie. To say this movie is so amazingly bad it is good is just my opinion but I had fun during it. Whether it was Lewis' total slackjawed awe at how horrific the film was or the snide comment possibilities that entertained me more is hard to say; but is really hard not to think that this would make one hell of a 'Mystery Science Theatre 3000' episode.

So if you are either drunk, into B-Grade or suicidal, Go see the spirit. Though I would imagine it would be undearable going on your own.

And for those more buff on their films - think Flash Gordon.

2 comments: