Jan 24, 2009

Jan 24th - Manliness

In the early hours of this morning, I teared up. I DIDN'T CRY, I just teared up. The reason for this was I had found on youtube the piece by James Horner - The Machine Age.

This piece is the opening credits music to Bicentennial Man, a wholly underrated movie I had an obsession with when I was about 10. The obsession was more with this piece than the movie as I dubbed it onto my personal cassette tape (with the help of my sister) about 3 times on each side. This was my special tape, only amazing things went onto my tape, like the entirety of star wars episode 1, voice acting and all (Doing this and half imagining and remembering was a cool experiment) and I spent 2 hours on the first day we dubbed it listening to this piece over and over.

So here for your listening pleasure is the opening sequence to Bicentennial Man. It is worth watching, perhaps for the music, perhaps for great performances, but I'm in it for the nostalgia. (2.44 onwards gets me particularly)



(The actual sequence can be found here but embedding was denied for copyright reasons *shrug*)

3 comments:

  1. sorry but how could you possibly think episode 1 was amazing? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering I was 10? It had lightsabres and lots of 'PEOOO PEOO" noises. That made it awesome. plus the music was cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. anything Star Wars is automatically amazing

    ReplyDelete