Jan 15, 2009

Jan 15th - Photoshop

Ok you may think me vain, but I do touch up my photos before I put them up on facebook or other sites. Actually I think it's the opposite of vain because I recognise my flaws and want to hide them... Interesting debate to be had over that.

I've always had an obsession with black and white photography and have done some
 average works such as this: 

I don't know why but there is some distinct beauty in seeing the world through a B&W high contrast window. Things are griitier, prettier and breathe more. Sorry I'm getting gushy, I get gushy around photography (Found out I passed level 2 photog today BTW, it was nerve racking because There were 2 assignments worth 6 credits each and one worth 12. You had to get a minimum of 18 and I failed one of the 6s)

But that being said, slight splashes of colour are always nice so the technique of colour accenting was right up my alley. My most recent (and successful) attempt is as shown here:

I think I look like rick astley XD

Also if you wanna get into photoshopping and can't afford it, get GIMP. It's free and just as good. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I was like that with my art in 5th form as well. Well done on the passing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, NCEA is so mind numbingly stupid at times though

    ReplyDelete