Jan 22, 2009

Jan 22nd - Beliefs

Today I encountered a religion I had never heard before - Discordianism. Worshipping the Greek goddess of chaos, Eris, this religion believes that reality is acertained through discourse and chaos. When reading more about it, it sounds more like a parody religion than a real one but not to the extent of pastafarianism which I had a sudden craving to read again. 

With my ADD internet browsing style, I now have the complete works of Nietzche, Several bibles of various religions, The Gospel of the flying Spaghetti Monster and The 5 part Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy. I love the internet ^.^

I just found it incredible the wealth of knowledge that is out there regarding people's views on life and I plan to read through as much as possible to try and make sense of this crazy existance

Also for Douglas Adams fans, Eoin Colfer is writing a 6th book! I am truly bipolar in my reaction to this news :S 

No comments:

Post a Comment