Jan 25, 2009

Jan 25th - Euphoria

Well today I was getting changed (you decide if that's a euphemism or not) after getting out of the pool and my phone started ringing which never happens. I pick it up and here's a loose transcript:

Me: Hello, Logan speaking
Guy: Hello Logan! This is mutter mutter mumble mumble
Me: Pardon?
Guy: This is John with the Spirit of Adventure Trust! did you realize your Mum entered you into a competition?
Me: ...no...
Guy: Well she did and we have just pulled your name out of the draw and announced it on Murray Deaker's Show! You've won a trip on The Spirt of New Zealand!
Me: NO WAY! (and things of that nature)

So I'm pretty amazed with this. I'm more excited about it than I thought I would be but I have been thinking about signing up for it for a while now. Creepiest part is that Mum had been talking about The Spirit of New Zealand a week earlier, prior to her knowing about the competition.

I think the weird thing is that I've been waiting for a new opportunity to come around to meet new people. And then BAM.

In short, I'm pretty stoked :P

2 comments: